Saturday, August 13, 2016

Back to School

Monday morning, bright and early, we started school.  But on Sunday afternoon, the boys made their own lunch.  I typically make Andrew's sandwich because he's 6 and then he gets everything else, but on Sunday that all changed.  I started to make his sandwich and he said, "Mom, I'd like to make my sandwich this year so you don't have to do it.  You do too much for me and that's somethings I can do."  Well, bless his heart.

Monday morning we all lined up for the obligatory back to school photo.  8th grade for Clayton...
5th grade for Jack...
1st grade for Andrew...
Fred and I walked the youngest boys in to school, but you don't walk a middle schooler into school.  No, you don't.  Fortunately for me, my sweet friend was in the halls helping out and just happened to see Clayton...and she just happened to introduce him to his homeroom teacher as her foreign exchange student.  Then he teacher said, "Welcome to our country."  I have laughed and laughed and laughed at this.  I'm so thankful for friends that keep us laughing, that love my children, and that introduce them as their own foreign exchange student.

Here Dash's back to school picture. He was sad.  He missed the boys.  Apparently, I'm not as much fun as the boys.  Who knew?!?

Then, this crew came out of the middle school.  I remember when we moved here and my children didn't know anyone.  Tears streamed down my face as I left him in the 6th grade hall.  Isn't God faithful?  Look at this great group of kids from our church.  This group doesn't include his school friends. 

I went to my first of three parent nights.  Andrew's class was first.  This was his self portrait hanging on the wall.  Too sweet.
Then we decided it would be a great idea to host Clayton's birthday party on Friday night after the first full week of school.  #augustbirthdayprobs
A sweet group of guys headed to our friend's house for swimming, fishing, and eating pizza.  The plan was the camp out, but with high rain chances we opted to come back home for a little sleep over.


Happy Birthday Clayton!  I hope you enjoyed this sleepover.  No more sleepovers.  I'm too old for this.  Just kidding.  Well...maybe not.  Ha!

No comments: