Wednesday, March 6, 2019

February 2019

The end of January and the beginning of February have gotten off to a great start. It's been rainy, cold (most days) and dreary, but we've still enjoyed our time together. One of my goals this year is to update this blog on a monthly basis. I'm a little late for February, but better late than never, right?!?

Jack took an elbow to the eye at practice. Thankfully, it didn't last too long or turn too black. He's a tough little fella. 

 This is 40. I now have to get all the gray taken out of my hair every couple of months. It's delightful. Sweet Holly makes everything better though. But man, getting older is a process. Whew.
 This is where I sit each morning for about 5 minutes before taking the boys to school. Dash thinks I sit down for him. I don't, but regardless we snuggle on the couch every morning while I sip my coffee.

We headed to Jackson from my dad's 70th birthday. My brother, his crew and me and my crew came in to celebrate. We weren't there long. It's never long enough, but we really enjoyed our time together.



Jack was in a basketball tournament and we got beat. We played our final game in mid January. I've been cheering with this crowd for a long time now. They are my people. It was an honor to sit with them and cheer on some of our favorite middle school basketball players.

Stephanie...or me...I really can't remember, "needed" to stop at Muddy's. I thought I heard a familiar voice. When I turned around my mother in law was sitting there talking to a friend. How funny. In this big ole city we happened to be at the same place at the same time.

We had a women's event at church called "Gifts of Grace". It was a fun Saturday and honestly, who doesn't like chicken salad?!?

My sweet friend, Melody, came and spoke about Grace in Disguise...meaning sometimes grace comes through circumstances that don't seem like they should. I left the women's event to head to work an open house. I was in the turn lane on a very busy street in Memphis and my car died. Literally died. Dead...as in the hazard lights didn't even work. I called Melody and told her her talk was real nice, but I wasn't looking for any grace in disguise that day. hehe.

Andrew finished up his basketball season this month. He scored 2 points the final game. Mimi and Tee and Mawmaw were there to witness it. In fact, we had the bleachers full of people cheering him on. Apparently we cheered too loudly because when he came back down the court he put his index finger over his lips and shushed us. I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the bleachers. 

Speaking of wrapping up basketball...our man in the middle wrapped up his season as well. He took home the Most Improved Player Award. It's been a good season and we sure do love our basketball friends.
Team Stephiner attended a class at MAAR on a system that we use in our business. Our sweet broker even met us there. She's in the background. We all had a fun day together!
And Team Stephiner also walked at Shelby Farms on morning. Shelby Farms is one of my favorite places in this city and Stephanie went with me. It was a cold, crisp morning and it was glorious.

No comments: