Friday, May 16, 2008

Graduation in Louisville

Fred left early on Thursday morning to get to Lousiville for his graduation rehearsal. Fred, Renee and Beulah left Memphis around 11:30 and Tim, Dale, Janice, Mun, Clayton, Jack and me loaded our van and left Paris around 2:30. Yes, the van was FULL!!! We all met up in Louisville for a fun evening. We ate at W.W. Cousins and Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen. Yummie! After dinner we went to the hotel and headed to bed. We all left the hotel around 9 the next morning and headed to Fred's outdoor graduation. I don't know how cold it was, but it was freezing!! Needless to say I am so thankful I spent several hours of my life looking for the perfect spring dress for my husbands outdoor graduation...hehehehe!! Once graduation was over we headed to lunch at Lynn's Paradise Cafe where we all enjoyed indoor heat and a good meal. Tim and Dale headed to Franklin to visit with Helen and to attend Adam's birthday party. The rest of us raced to Paris for Clayton's 6 o'clock t-ball game. We made it to the game at 6:05 and everyone got to see Clayton play a great game. What a weekend!!

The car is unloaded. Jack is eating a bowl of ceral. I am blogging. Fred and Clayton are enjoying Fred's newest graduation toy...a Wii!! I've got to hurry so I can get a game of bowling in before Clayton goes to bed. He always beats me and I'm trying to improve my skills!









No, you are not seeing double!! Our mothers met in the lobby this morning dressed EXACTLY alike!! Too funny!!

4 comments:

Dan and Tami said...

Congratulations Fred! It looks like a great day! And Jennifer the tan looks great :) . . . That really made me laugh that both moms dressed alike! Hee, hee.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations, Dr. Fred Shackelford. Jennifer, I'm sure you froze, but at least you looked beautiful! Finally, did your mom and Renee plan the matching outfits? That's great! Now you guys can just sit back and enjoy an exciting summer of t-ball and bowling (Corey did tell me that Clayton is the best bowler in the family- I'm impressed!)

Fred and Renee said...

No we did not plan the matching outfits. We both showed up in the lobby and there we were. It was too funny not to enjoy. The lady behind us at graduation wanted to know if we were twins.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the picture of your two moms dressed exactly alike. Lol!! Anyway, Congratulations, Dr. Brother!! How does it feel?