Saturday, September 27, 2008

Running, Running everywhere!

For the past two Saturdays Fred has run in a 5K. Last weekend he ran in Camden to help raise money for St. Jude. Today we both ran in a Run for the Cure 5K for Breast Cancer. As you can see below Fred went two for two. Last week he finished 3.2 miles in 24 minutes and 37 seconds, taking first prize in his age group. Today he finished 2nd in his age division (only to his work-out partner!!) with a time of 22 minutes and 58 seconds! Unfortunately, medals are not given for simply finishing so I have nothing to show other than an amazing sense of accomplishment and a smile. My running partner and I ran it in 36 minutes and we never walked, which was our major goal! My camera was not functioning today so we did not get any pictures, but one picture will always stick out in my mind. As Christy and I rounded the final corner to the finish line, Fred, Jack and Clayton were waiting and cheering. Jack started screaming my name and tried to run onto the course. Fun times!!

4 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

How cool! Jennifer, I am so impressed! I would be so proud if I could run like that. I wish I could have been there.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Congratulations to you both! Lots of cheers from the Wiggs home!

Dan and Tami said...

Good job, bro. We'll have to find one to run together next time I'm in the states. You'd probably beat me at this point in my life, though. Have fun.

Tori and Lee said...

That is awesome! I'm so proud of both of ya'll!