Sunday, December 7, 2008

We did it!!

Fred, Christy (my running partner) and I headed to Memphis this weekend to run the St. Jude Half Marathon. We do not have many pictures from the race, but luckily Fred's sister caught up with us shortly after mile 7. We were smiling at the beginning and still smiling at the end!! Plans are already being made for next year! It was very emotional as we passed people holding pictures of their children and shouting thank you. One sign we passed read, "Keep running, Brandon needs a cure." Another one said, "Keep smiling, Jake always did", and it had a picture of their little boy on the sign.
Perhaps my favorite sign of the day...
I would like to encourage anyone who wants to run next year to join us. (I ran my first mile just five years ago...no excuses!!) Also, if you would like to give to St. Jude you can visit their website by clicking here.
Thanks to everyone for their encouraging words, cards and phone calls. We couldn't have done it without you!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

That's so AWESOME Jennifer and Fred!!! Im on my way to doing it next year!!!

Fred and Renee said...

It was fun!! Thanks for a great time!

Dan and Tami said...

Good job, guys. Wish I could have been there. I might could get into the triathlons and such, but running's definitely for me. Hopefully when I'm in town next we can do something. This is Dan, by the way.