Monday, February 9, 2009

The Lord's Prayer

When I was in the fifth grade my dad took me to school. Fifth grade was one of the hardest school years for me. I didn't know anyone in my class and it was a new school. My dad and I started reading a Bible devotion together and quoting the Lord's prayer every morning in the car before school. I vividly remember talking with my dad about the meaning of some of those "big" words. He taught me what they meant by the things he said and the way he lived his life. Riding with my dad to school those years are some of my fondest memories from my childhood. I thought it would be a good idea for Clayton to learn it as well. He memorizes so quickly and easily. As he hides God's word in his heart I hope and pray that it will be a firm foundation for his life.

3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

precious!!

Dan and Tami said...

Good job Clayton!

Alicia Beth said...

How precious !! Don't you just love being able to pass on the legacy?
I hope The Lord's Prayer is as much a blessing to Clayton as it was to you :)