Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stacy's having a baby!!

We moved to Paris almost six years ago. I left my hometown and my family. While they were only a short hour drive away, I was still lonely on the day to day. One day when I was particularly lonely I began to pray and ask for friends. I remember it like it was yesterday. I prayed that God would send me a friend and then I said, "and if she had boys, around the same age as my boys that would be great!" Eighteen months later God moved my best friend here to Paris. Did I mention that she had two boys? We started meeting together once a week to let our boys play. Well, we invited Subo, who had one boy. Then Subo invited Stacy who had a boy. Then Stacy invited Beth and Stephanie. Then we added Katherine, Emily, Amber, Katie and Allison. Some of us still meet at Story Hour, but for the most part we have kind of scattered because of kiddos growing up, going to school and just changing schedules. Every once in a while though we get together to celebrate something big...well it happened Monday! Stacy's having a baby so we had to celebrate!! And celebrate we did!! Everybody met at my house and we had a great time getting ready for Baby Wade's arrival!!Here is some of the crew, minus a few. I get a little misty eyed when I look at this group and think of what a blessing God sent to me.
And here are ALL the kiddos! What a fun time!!
My heart is full and my cup runneth over when I look at these pictures. Thanks girls for being an answer to my prayers!

No comments: