Thursday, March 21, 2013

Week at a glance

1.  Fred ran a half marathon last weekend.  His goal was to run it under 2 hours.  He finished in 1:59.59.  Not too bad, huh?!? 


2.  My grandmother and I had several restaurants where we were frequent diners.  One of those places was Puffy Muffin in Brentwood, TN.  Delicious.  Aunt Janice sent me a cookbook from Puffy Muffin upon my grandmother's death as a memorial.  I treasure it.  I perused the pages and decided on a Wheat Bread recipe.  It did not disappoint.  I wish smells could pass on this blog.  I was so excited I took a picture of the bread in the oven.  Is that not one of the prettiest things you've ever seen?!?

3.  Clayton had a school play this week.  He tried out to be "The Voice of the Grizzlies", but unfortunately he did not get this part.  Instead, he was the Governor, Bill Haslam.  I thought this was great!  I guess if you are 9 it's not quite as cool to be the governor.  He sure is a cute governor though. 

4.  Jack has had a big week.  He was notified that he was a super speller as per his quiz last week.  A super speller makes a 100 on the spelling list, plus they must make 100 on the dictation section of the quiz.  We strive for this every week.  He got the news this week.  This is a big deal in Jack's world.  We are so excited for him!
Thursday my mom was here and Jack's school called to see if I could fill in for his teacher for the second half of the day.  He was so excited!  We ate lunch together in the room and then...I pulled his tooth.  Good times.  If his week gets any better he might explode!
 
 5.  Andrew had an Easter Egg hunt at story hour on Monday.  It was loads of fun.  I can't believe my last kiddo is hunting eggs at story hour.  Sigh.
Before the hunt we had a momentous occasion though.  Andrew volunteered to be a duck in the song, "Five Little Ducks".  This was huge.  He participated.  Big.deal.
Me and "the baby" after the hunt.  I was secretly hoping he had gotten all Reese's Eggs.  Oh, heavenly day those things are delicious. 
 

No comments: