Monday, December 21, 2015

It's getting close to Christmas

 Saturday monring we woke up and headed to brunch at some friend's house.  While we were there Jack had basketball practice.  Once we figured all of that out we surprised the boys by taking them downtown to see The Newsies at the Orpheum. We told them we had an errand to run downtown.  They were not too happy, but didn't act too upset.  When we pulled up by the Orpheum Clayton figured out what we were doing.  The look of surprise on their faces was priceless.

As soon as the show was over we headed back to Bartlett for a wedding.  Fred did not perform the wedding.  We just got to attend.  Then, we dropped the kids off with Fred and Renee and hit the reception.  It was really fun because we ran in to Elizabeth while she was shooting the wedding.  Rarely do our worlds collide, but they did last Saturday.  We stayed at the reception WAY past our bedtime.  I think it was close to 9:00 pm when we left.  Whew.  Late night for this crew.  
Sunday morning we had church as usual and then that afternoon we had our annual open house.  The weather was a little questionable, but we still had a good crowd.  Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures.  I was a bit busy.  Ha!
Sunday night we had our Christmas play at church.  The boys were Newsies in the play. (Thus the reason we took them to see The Newsies at The Orpheum.)  It was great.  They will be involved in this Sunday night, Monday night and Wednesday night.  Mawmaw and Pawpaw came every time.  Mimi and Tee came Monday.  Mun and Janice came Wednesday.  Our village loves us and shows up at special events.  
Tuesday, my friend, Amy, and I decided to surprise our friend Cam at work by taking her lunch.  When we arrived they were studying Christmas celebrations around the world.  Cam was representing Africa.
Speaking of our village...they were all back on Tuesday for Clayton's chorus concert.  The concert was great!  I can't believe how much they have improved.  It was a joy watching him do what he loves.  He sings with the 7th grade choir, honor choir, and pop choir and loves every minute of it.



This was my lunch on Wednesday:  Chick Fil A sandwich, chex mix, and Jingle Jangle.  It was a delight.  Calories do not count in December.  
Wednesday the boys both had parties at school.  Jack's class was only allowed a certain number of parents.  Since I was at a party earlier in the year I told his teacher to please select someone else to help.  His friend's mom snapped this picture for me though,
 
I was able to help in Andrew's class though.  He had the best time.  They made reindeer food, ate donuts, played some games and exchanged gifts.  He is pictured here playing Santa Says. (Simon Says, but with the name Santa.)
 Thursday night we had the staff Christmas party here at the house.  We ate OEC and played three fun games.  I wish I had pictures or videos, but unfortunately, I do not.  Boo,

Friday morning I headed to Clayton's school for their annual Christmas program.  There are only about 9 parents that show up for it, but it's really entertaining and I get to see him perform with his choir again.  I can't say enough positive things about Clayton's middle school, Appling Middle School.  There is such a supportive environment nourished and encouraged there.  I love the way they support each other and cheer each other on.
Mercifully, we had an afternoon at home.  We ate pizza and watched Elf together.  My favorite newborn came over for a little snuggle time as well.  Does stress not just melt when you hold a newborn?!?  I could eat him up.

Later that evening we had our Sunday School class Christmas party.  We play dirty Santa every year and things always get exciting.  There was a bathroom theme this year and Fred brought home this jewel.


No comments: