Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fred's Mighty Mite Experience

Fred and our brother in law, Lee, competed in a triathalon this weekend in Forrest City, Arkansas. They did a great job! He did a 500 meter open water swim, a 13 mile bike ride and a three mile race. His goal was to finish in an hour and a half. He finished in one hour, twenty nine minutes and twenty five seconds!! Way to go Fred!! Here are a few pictures from the day...Mile Three and still smiling!!!
Fred is crossing the finish line here. (The time shown is not the correct time for his race.)

4 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

You guys are awesome! You both worked hard and came through with flying colors. You are very inspirational.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so proud of both of you!! It was so nice seeing you this weekend!

Bill Mauldin said...

Fred, I am very proud of you. That is awesome and I know you are stoked to have finally done this.

However, now that you've done this triathalon, can we make a deal that you will put the Speedos away and never....ever....be photographed in them again?? :)

I was just getting over the nightmares from vacation, and then I see the photos

Fred said...

Well, Billy, I would, but then all my adoring fans would have no new homemade posters to fashion and hang on their bedroom walls.