Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brotherly Love

I must start this blog post by telling you that our boys love each other and for the most part really get along. If they have a trouble spot during the day it is in the morning. Almost every morning they argue over two things: who gets to sit in which chair for breakfast and who gets to turn the tv off. This morning was no different...
They started off arguing over chairs and then they continued with the arguing when I asked them to turn off the tv. (Please note that I usually alternate which chair they sit in and who gets to turn off the tv, but this morning I forgot.) Clayton reached the tv first to turn it off and he got to sit in the coveted chair at breakfast. Apparently Jack had reached his limit so he said the "meanest" thing he could come up with for Clayton. He said (in his ugliest tone), "Clayton you are a stinker and you...you...you poop poop in your pants!!" All I could do was laugh--on the inside, of course!!

Tomorrow is a big day around the Shackelford household. Fred and I will be heading to Henry County Medical Center at 4:30 a.m. to start the process of welcoming Andrew Shackelford into this world. It doesn't seem real. In some ways it feels like I've been pregnant forever, but in other ways I feel like it has just flown by! Many, many emotions are flooding my soul right now as I think about moving this family from four to five. We, as a family, covet your prayers tomorrow, and in the days to come, as we welcome Andrew into this family.

For now I'll leave you with a picture of two of the sweetest boys a mother could ask for:



3 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

Sweet boys - and another sweet boy to arrive tomorrow. Mawmaw will be there!!

Elizabeth said...

You have NO idea how excited I am!!!! I'll be praying ALL DAY LONG!

mundayseven said...

We are praying for you all!!!