Monday, March 1, 2010

Theological conversations with Jack



After we drop Clayton off at school Jack and I have time to just talk to one another. Andrew is usually quiet and no one else requires my time or attention. In public he can be shy, but when we are just one on one he is hilarious. This was our conversation from this morning:

Jack: God lives in our heart, right mom?
Me: That's right buddy, He does.
Jack: He will never leave us, right mom?
Me: That's right bud. He is with us always.
******Silence***********
Jack: If God lives in our heart, who lives in our belly?
Me: (trying not to laugh) No one lives in our belly son.
Jack: Well, food does.
Me: Yes, you are right. Food is in our belly.
Jack: Does our food talk to each other?
Me: No


After a few moments of silence our conversation turned to what was for lunch. After all it was 7:45 in the morning and I had just cleaned the kitchen before we left. It was time to talk about lunch!! ;-)
Who says three year olds aren't deep thinkers!?!

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

I don't know Jennifer - sometimes my food talks to each other in my belly. :-)