Friday, July 22, 2011

Five on Friday

1. Fred has been getting lots of yummy things out of our garden. This week he was super proud of a really pretty cabbage.
2. I have been looking into making my own laundry detergent and liquid soap. I think I've finally decided to try it. Why? #1 Andrew has really sensitive skin and I think it will be good for him. #2 I am really cheap. I can make laundry detergent for $0.05 a load. Do you know how much laundry we do around here?!?
3. Clayton has spent the week at Mimi and Tee's house in Jackson. He has attended Union's Summer Music Camp. He has had a blast! We get to go to his concert tonight.
4. Jack has really missed Clayton this week, especially at night. They sleep together in a full bed each night. When I say sleep together I mean that they sleep snuggled up in the middle of the full size bed...all night.
5. Fred says Merwin's (my maiden name) are squirrels. We are always working, we never sit down and we love a project. Andrew is a Merwin...even though his last name is Shackelford. Well...I've been purging the house the past few weeks. I've had a pile of stuff in one of the bedrooms. Andrew was quiet for about 15 minutes and Fred got curious. You see, he found a cup and a bowl in the pile of purged items. He proceeded to turn on the water outside, fill the cup and bring it inside to dump in the bowl. There is no telling how many trips he made. We don't really know why he did it, but he was busy and it was a project. He's a squirrel. It makes me smile.

No comments: