Monday, July 18, 2011

Camp Linden

After the boys returned from Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house we headed to children's camp at Linden Valley Retreat Center (a.k.a Camp Linden).  I grew up going to Camp Linden with a great group of girls.  Oh the memories, but I'll save that for another day...
I left Wednesday with three of our 4th and 5th graders.  Then Fred and the others came Thursday.  The older kids get to do a few extra things like play paint ball, climb a ropes course, serve around camp, etc.  All in all we took 19 kiddos and 6 adults.  We had the best week!  I cannot stress enough about how wonderful our kiddos acted throughout the week.  It really was the best time!

 One of our kids and two kids from FBC Paris preformed a "normal dance" (as per their words) routine for the talent show.  I laughed until my cheeks hurt! 

 One afternoon there was an obstacle course that included a mud pit.  Once the game was over I looked back at the mud pit and almost every one of our kids (minus my children) were in the mud pit--swimming.  Yes, everyone of them!  Too funny!  They literally had to tell the Paris kids it was time to get out of the mud.  Literally.



Here is the talent show for your viewing pleasure...

Untitled from Fred Shackelford on Vimeo.

No comments: