1. Fred has meetings out of town occasionally, but the boys and I rarely get to tag along because of school. Well, since school let out Fred had a meeting at Linden Valley Retreat Center (a.k.a. Camp Linden...I spent a week here every summer for years). The man in charge of the meeting asked us to come with Fred and we did. Apart from a rough night in a hotel room, we had the BEST time together!! We hiked to the water fall, canoed the Buffalo River and I even read a book. I didn't have to cook or make up a bed and it was incredible!!
2. Andrew lost his night night and we FINALLY found it after a week. FINALLY! Is this not the sweetest picture?!? That's some true love right there.
4. My brother took us out on his boat for Memorial Day. By us, I mean my parents, Jeffrey's family and my crew. It was a blast! (Minus Andrew screaming over everything.) I'm pretty sure we reached the weight limit on his boat, but it was totally worth it. The boys in the tube below could not have had a better time. By the end of the day they were exhausted.
5. Our church is going on a mission trip to Seattle, Washington this summer. Fourteen people are going, including Fred, me, Clayton and Jack. (Andrew will stay with grandparents.) In an effort to reduce the financial burden on those going we have had several church wide events. One of those was a yard sale at our house this weekend. It could not have been a better weekend for it! I was so blown away with the generosity of our church and friends with items donated. We all counted it a success!
6. June is going to be a fun month! We have Vacation Bible School, a trip to Aunt Janice's house, vacation (which will include the beach and a trip to New Orleans), Jack's birthday and a mission trip to Seattle, Washington. July looks just as exciting!
I heart summer.