Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello 2014!

-Our friends from Paris came and spent an unforgettable afternoon with us at Incredible Pizza Company.  It was so good to see them and spend some catching up time for the moms...I mean boys.  Oh, these boys just melt my heart.
 Trying to get five boys to smile and look in the same direction at the same time is like trying to herd cats.  It's next to impossible.  Here's the best I could do...


Glow in the dark mini golf was interrupted by a pose on this awesome motorcycle.
-Saturday we headed over to Fred and Renee's to watch the Memphis game.  (Isn't that fun?!?) Well, the boys watched the game.  I took down Christmas decorations, put back decorations and listened to the game.  It really was a good time.  I love January...getting all the Christmas stuff down, cleaning the house and getting it back to some kind of normal.  Since I don't have a house I'm thankful my mother in law allows me to use hers.  Good times.
-Fred is busy (good busy) with church stuff.  We have gone to lots of Christmas and New Year's parties.  We usually go to more than one in a night.  They are not every night, but who has a party on Monday night?!?  Seriously, I'm going to have to let out my pants.
-Our gym is a little over a mile from our house.  Sometimes Fred will just run there, complete his workout and then run home.  This is how he was dressed the other morning...
Nerdy, yes...but I still love him.  If you are in Bartlett and see this coming down the road don't stare, just keep going.
-The boys and I started back to school today and it went smoothly.  Our challenge for the semester is to memorize Psalm 103.  Our drive to and from Jackson twice a week really helps with this.  I haven't decided if we will memorize the entire chapter or just the first six or sever verses.  If we just do the first couple of verses we'll work on something in addition to these.  Any suggestions?

One of the perks of living, literally living, in the church parking lot is that you get to use the gym and parking lot.  We headed over to the gym today and Jack said, "Cool mom, it's like P.E.!!"
-Update on our house situation...We had a contract on our Paris house, but the loan fell through.  If you know of someone in Paris looking for a house ours is still available.

No comments: