Friday, January 24, 2014

This week...

-My dad's birthday was this week.  We headed to Jackson to celebrate.  We also tried to get a picture, which proved to be an almost impossible task, but thankfully we prevailed...barely.

We also enjoyed a piece of German Chocolate cake.  It was beyond delicious.  I actually ate another piece the next day for lunch.  There was half a cake left.  I couldn't leave half of a cake for two people.  That would be too much, so I tried to do my part.  I'm a giver like that.
-Last week the boys attended Aunt Janice Academy on Friday.  I got this picture with the following explanation...
When school is completed they can go to Chuck E. Cheese.  I call that motivation!
Aunt Janice also surprised the boys with a mystery trip.  When she told the boys they were going on a mystery trip Jack wanted to know if they were going to Hawaii.  Not quite.  Pinson Mounds is a fun place.  It's not Hawaii, but fun in its own way...

 And I've been told they finished their school work so Aunt Janice delivered with Chuck E. Cheese.


-On Tuesday night, just a random night, we went to Chick Fil A.  It was kids night so you got a free kids meal with every adult meal purchased.  They also had a craft.  Why include this on my blog?!?  Did you read that we ate at CFA in the middle of the week on a random Tuesday?!?  Big.deal.
-For Christmas we gave the boys tickets to a University of Memphis game.  Fred had to stop by a funeral home that just happened to be on the way to the game.  After the funeral home we were hungry, so what to do?!?  Oh yes, we ate at Huey's.  We really suffered through it.  It was SO good.  So good!  Huey's is known for their hamburgers and for the toothpicks in the ceiling.  We all enjoyed a hamburger, but no one was successful getting a toothpick in the ceiling.  We did give it a valiant effort though.
 We sat on the back row of the FedEx Forum (by choice) and cheered on the Tigers.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself to really believe that I live in Memphis.
 We braved the cold to get to our car.  The game was over about 9 pm...not too late. We hadn't even made it out of downtown and Andrew was out.  So was Jack.  They were snoring by Midtown.


-While the boys are doing school I don't allow Andrew to play his Kindle.  He got frustrated with me and said, "Ugh.  Can't I just play something educational?!?"

No comments: