Thursday, March 13, 2014

This week

Everyone in Memphis is on Spring Break, but not this crew.  We've tried to squeeze in a little fun in between class.  Our church went skating Monday so we joined them.  I'm not really sure if my boys were excited about skating or riding the big bus.  Clayton asked if we were riding the big bus. When I told him we were he let out an excited, "YES!"...complete with fist pump.  The boys really had a blast at the skating rink.  They do these little contests at the skating rink.  My big boys did not participate, but Andrew decided to race in his age group.  Here's Clayton congratulating Andrew after his race.  He did not win (nor did he finish), but I don't think he was aware so shhh, don't tell him.

Wednesday I decided to take the boys downtown to ride the trolley and eat a piece of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Corner.  (You should know before we left our middle child almost didn't get to go due to a trip to the "principal's office".  Hurling a football at your brother in the back seat of the car??...honestly, what else can a mom do, but take them across the parking to dad's office?!?)  We drove 30 minutes to downtown, paid to park, waited on the trolley, rode it through two stops, got off at the restaurant and THEN figured out the restaurant did not open until 3:00 pm.  It was 1:00 pm.  Whoops.  We headed back to the trolley, paid to get back on it (We were off no more than 30 seconds) and then the big boys lost their minds.  One was dying of thirst.  One was utterly disappointed that we didn't get any cheesecake.  This went on and on and on.  I rallied with Muddy's, but we had to load the car and drive to midtown to get this little treat.  It was touch and go for a little while, but we made it.  I had a brownie with cashews and then drizzled with white chocolate.  It was called a therapy brownie.  I thought it fit the day.  Two would have been better than one...

-I drove to Paris this week to get a few items such as the boy's spring/summer clothes. My car was loaded down.  I got everything unloaded...looked around...and then realized I forgot all my shorts...whoops again.
-This week in Memphis the weather has been beyond beautiful.  I came in from a run and literally laid on the sidewalk to soak up as much sun as possible.

No comments: