Saturday, February 7, 2015

This week

 
 Clayton has had one project all year.  When we came back from Christmas he was assigned two.  Two in one month.  A book in a bag book report and a science fair project.  Book in a bag book report...no big deal.  Science Fair project...yuck!  They gave us 12 days to get the experiment and written portion of the project completed.  I thought we were home free, but no...the board is due Tuesday.  I'm taking a vacation after Tuesday. 
Clayton decided to make a solar cooker.  In case you are wondering, a solar cooker will not cook a hot dog when it is 27 degrees outside. 
However, if you put it on the dash of your car and position the solar cooker just right you CAN cook a hot dog that way.  Just in case you ever find yourself in a bind...and have a hot dog, solar cooker and two hours, you will be set.  I couldn't help but laugh as I looked back to my car and saw that thing sitting on the dash.  You know you are a mom when you have a hot dog cooking on your dash.  Too funny!

By the way, I am saving all of this junk and using it for Jack and Andrew.  And I'm not even trying to hide it.  I'm just marking out Clayton's name with a Sharpee and writing Jack's name.  Then four years later I'll do the same with Andrew's name.  Yes, I will.  I will get a new hot dog though. 


Andrew spent the day with Renee and Zachary the other day for Zachary's birthday.  They went to Build a Bear and Chick Fil A.  Apparently, they played hard, because this sweet boy face planted on his build a bear box and stayed that way for about an hour.  He was one tired boy, but he sure did have fun!
He came to me a few days later and told me his tooth was hurting.  Upon further inspection I realized it was loose.  My baby had a loose tooth. I really was not ready for this moment.  I tried my best to pull it, but he would have none of it.  It fell out the other night while he was brushing his teeth.  He kept referring to is as his "wiggly, wiggly tooth".  I hope I never loose the sound of his sweet voice saying those words. 
Mun and Janice came for basketball games today, along with Fred and Renee.  Clayton had a game at 8:15 and then Jack had a game at 12:15.  They get so excited when they have people come watch them play.  They both had great games and played well.  Unfortunately, they both lost.  Neither one of them cared.  When we were walking in to Jack's game he said, "I've been looking forward to this for the past 7 days!"  He loves a sport. 

The cheering section...
 
If you know Jack you know he loves breakfast.  He missed men's breakfast to go watch Clayton play basketball.  He actually sat on the bench with him.  It was really sweet.  I call that love right there.  Maybe they do like each other?!?  Sweet boys.

No comments: