Saturday, January 31, 2015

The week of sickness

Well, the week started out with Andrew being sick.  He had a fever and a cough.  No big deal really.  Clayton desperately wanted to be sick.  Desperately.  He really wanted to stay home from school.  He was unsuccessful all week.  However, Wednesday morning was a crazy morning. 

Andrew, Clayton and I headed out around 6:45 am to take Clayton to school.  Before we backed out of the driveway I heard Andrew gagging in the back seat (b/c of this cough he has).  In an effort to not have...well, you know...all in my car, I threw the car in park, opened the door and told him to please get sick outside.  In an attempt to lean out of the car I guess momentum carried him out of the car...head first...face plant...on to the driveway.  Awesome.  I should have known.  I should have just gone back in and headed back to bed.  Instead we drove on.  I was headed across town and wanted to avoid traffic.  Just when I was patting myself on the back at our quick/early escape my phone rang.  It was Fred.  Jack was now running a fever.  Andrew and I turned around to get him, but by the time we met up with Fred traffic had picked up.  I didn't make it to Germantown until 8:30 (it was going to be 7:45 am).  Luckily, he was able to stay with Mawmaw and rest up while I worked. 
Wednesday night I was starting a Bible study at church.  I had everything prepared and ready.  Long story short, about 15 minutes in to the Bible study, my computer crashed.  As in it just quit and went black.  No response.  I had no written notes.  Nothing.  It was traumatic.  I tried unsuccessfully to revive the computer and later found myself at Best Buy that evening.  The Geek Squad pronounced my lap top dead.  Dead.  Mercy.  I told you I should have gone back to bed.  Oh, and sweet Jack?  When both of your parents are working at church and you are sick, what do you do?  You sit in your dad's office until church is over.  Bless his heart. 
It was P week at Andrew's preschool last Thursday so he got to wear Pppppajamas and eat pppppizza. It was a good day.  He asked me several times if I was SURE everyone else would be there in their pajamas.  He did not want to be the only person in pajamas.  He's shares Fred's disdain for pajamas in public apparently. 
While Andrew was at school (and his brothers too) I shopped for a new computer, along with various other errands.  As the day went on though, I progressively felt worse. By the time I finished running around I finally sat and took my temperature.  Yes, I was the third victim.  Great.  Fred took all "kid duties" for the evening and I pretty much stayed in bed.  At this point I was pretty much done with the week.  Done. 
All in all after all the sickness seems to have passed we've had a good weekend.  (No, Clayton never got sick...much to his dismay.) We had ballgames all morning Saturday.  We celebrated the birthday of a sweet friend at Pyro's.  Then we came home for a relaxing evening.  I call that a success.

No comments: