Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I can't seem to keep up!

It's been kind of crazy around here.  I hesitate to say that, but it really has been.  I think it's just our normal and I'm okay with that.  
On Wednesday and Thursday mornings this is my early morning Oak crew.  They have chorus at 7:00 am.  I enjoy them for the 10 minutes or so that they are in my car.  Sweet kiddos.

Last week our friends had a sweet baby boy.  I'm going to spoil him rotten!!  Is there anything sweeter than a newborn baby?!?  Especially when he belongs to someone else and you get to sleep at night.  
Last weekend Fred and I had a wedding in Jackson.  We spent the weekend at my parent's house.  Jack had a flag football game in Bartlett that he did not want to miss so Aunt Janice and Tee took him back for the game.  (Mimi could not go because she had a minor surgery last week.)  Aunt Janice and Tee endured the cold and the rain to watch my man in the middle grin and play football.  They made his year.  

Jack even had a Chick Fil A chicken biscuit as a pre game snack.  Life is good for Jack.  While Jack was away I got McDonald's for the crew at Mimi's house.  Apparently, it has been a lifelong dream of Clayton's to eat a Big Mac.  His dreams came true.  I think it was everything he thought it would be.  And it was gone in 5.6 seconds.  

When they got back the boys went to a Union basketball game with Janice and Mun.  After the game they toured Union's new library.  Andrew was disappointed that he could not check out a book.  
Also, while at the game Andrew told Janice he was dizzy from watching the ball go back and forth.  Ha!

One morning this week we woke up and it was 32 degrees.  Andrew came down the stairs in shorts.  I told him he needed to put on pants because it was cold enough to snow. He looked at me and said, "So, we don't have school??"  It took me a minute, but I realized he thought we would be out of school if it was cold enough to snow, not actually snow.  It's going to be a LONG winter.  

While all of this fun was going on, Fred and I were at a wedding.  We had a great time celebrating a sweet couple.

Everyone has been doing their part to get ready for Thanksgiving.  Dash went to the vet to have his nails trimmed and to get a bath.  He lost his ever loving mind at the always.  It was quite comical.  I'm glad to report that he is fine now and no longer stinks.  

Let the Thanksgiving festivities begin!

No comments: