Monday, November 16, 2015

This week


Monday morning, I headed to chemo with my friend for her last chemo treatment.  She has a road ahead of her, but this is definitely the end of a difficult season.  I could not be more pleased/proud for her!
Tennessee Baptist Convention was this week in Millington (about 30 minutes away).  I was supposed to work on Tuesday, but it was canceled.  So, I got to go to a lunch with Melody.  It was great!  I love that our lives continue to intersect at meetings like this.  
 Tuesday night Clayton went to a movie night at his school.  Fred was still at the convention, so the younger boys and I stayed home.  Andrew followed me around all night talking.  Then he said, "I just like being with you, mom."  Well, okay.  Any.time.  Sweet boy.
Wednesday we were out of school.  Of course, the boys were up at 6:00 am.  I mean, who doesn't get up at 6:00 am when they are out of school.  Geez. Later that afternoon we went to Jumping World and Sheridan's Frozen Custard. I was so hungry from all that jumping.  Just kidding.  I did not jump.  I did eat some custard though.  I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm missing out on anything!

Thursday morning I woke up with everything on my mind that needed to be done that day.  In an early morning conversation with Clayton I told him that I would be at his school to pick up his Butter Braid order.  He looked at me strangely and then said, "My teacher never told me the order was due."  Whoops.  I'm pretty sure I told him it was due when I gave him the completed order form and check.  But whatever.  My afternoon calendar just cleared a little.
The only other thing I had on my calendar was a party at Jack's school.  I told his teacher I would come help and I would bring ice cream.  I went to the grocery to get the ice cream and while I was there I just did my usual grocery shopping.  Then I ran home for a quick shower.  I had about 10 extra minutes so I thought I'd grab a drink at Sonic for Jack and Andrew's teachers.  I knew what Andrew's teacher wanted, but I was unsure about Jack's teacher. I sent her a quick email and just as I placed the first drink order I got her email.  It read, "I love you for this, but the party is NEXT week."  Whoops.  I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Saturday we had flag football games in the morning. Andrew did not go because he has a cough.  I was afraid the cold air would get him.  Jack had two games and he enjoyed every minute of it! He was a football phenom.

Saturday night we had a banquet with church.  This was my plate.  See that sauce?  It was delicious.  I'd like to add that it might be why I'm two pounds up.  Yikes.


No comments: