Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving

Our holiday weekend started off lots of fun...as in Fred was up at misnight coughing his head off.  I moved upstairs and put a pillow over my head.  Happy Thanksgiving indeed.  Ha!

Wednesday evening my parents came in town.  We enjoyed a dinner of soup, chicken salad, cranberry salad, and a delightful cake from Costco.  After dinner while I cleaned the kitchen they all played a game called Bluff.  When I was a kid we called it Bull.  Everyone had a great time and there was lots of laughter.
Thursday morning everyone but Fred enjoyed a leisurely breakfast/morning.  Fred and his sister met up at the Botanic Gardens to run a Turkey Trot.
Since there's been a little more leisure time I've been on facebook more.  These little things from facebook have made me laugh out loud.  I hope they do the same for you!




On Thursday morning Fred ran a Turkey Trot with his sister at the Botanic Gardens.  

The rest of us hung out at home.  We had a low key breakfast and lunch.  Then we headed to the Shackelfords house for a proper Thanksgiving meal.  I was in my happy place cleaning the kitchen with my father in law.  A few other people join in on the fun this year.  
 Friday morning these two headed out for a little black Friday shopping.  Clayton has been saving his money for a new gaming system.  They found a great deal at Target, but unfortunately they were all sold out once they got there.  They came home and ordered it online.  It was delivered to our closest Target store by that afternoon.  Gotta love the internet.
 After they got back we headed out to cut down our Christmas tree.  The irony is not lost on me that we lived, for almost a decade, in a rural small town and never cut down a tree.  But, we move to a big city and now we cut down our tree every year.  We literally saw it down ourselves.  Too funny to me!

 Since we were at home we actually got to decorate our house.  Fred even did a little exterior illumination this year.  It all looks so nice.  I'll enjoy sitting at the fireplace looking at it all through the Christmas season.  Just kiddind.  We won't be home.  But I'll enjoy looking at it all as I walk from the kitchen to my bedroom.
 Saturday morning several families at church joined together for a Toy Giveaway.  All the proceeds are going to missions.  I am so proud of all they accomplished...just by getting rid of unplayed with toys.
 It was cold and rainy and business was a little slow.  These two took the bull by the horns and tried to drum up some business.  Who wouldn't want to buy toys from these two?!?

 While we were finishing up the sale Fred and his parents weathered the last University of Memphis game.  It rained and rained and rained.  At halftime Memphis was up 56 to 0.  They left.  Our Tigers have not had a perfect season, but we sure have enjoyed cheering them on.  Go Tigers Go!

1 comment:

Mary Dolan Flaherty said...

I loved meeting your family, but had to wonder where you're from that you were wearing short sleeves! The University of Memphis game tipped me off. Sounds like a good holiday.