Saturday, January 23, 2016

This week

Saturday started off wih a bang.  Fred had to be at a funeral so I had all three boys and all three basketball games.  My parents planned to come in for the games, which helped tremendously.  They met me at Andrew's game so I could take Clayton to his game.  He's not playing, but he still wanted to cheer on his team.  Bless his heart.
Jack's game was at 12:15, so my dad took him while the rest of us ate lunch.  We all got there just in time to see Jack score before the game ended.  Yes, mother of the year struck again.  I had the time down incorrectly. Luckily, my dad took him early so he got there at half time.  He scored 18 points and had 20 rebounds.  I hate that I missed it, but I'm glad he played and my dad was there.

Sunday my family came here to celebrate my dad's birthday.  I was not feeling well that day, but pushed through.  Mercifully, my parents took my boys home.  As soon as they left I got sick.  Stomach virus sick.  Yuck.  I pretty much slept on the couch...in the clothes I wore to church, until I mustered the strength to get off the couch to go get my mom's sewing machine.  Please note I was still in my clothes from Sunday morning.  I sent my mom this picture and told her this is what love looks like...

I'm happy to say that the sewing machine made it home safely to its happy new owner, my mother.

While the boys were at my parent's they ate these biscuits and were extremely happy.  Especially Jack.  That boy LOVES a biscuit.

There was shopping at Target.
Tuesday morning Andrew came down the steps looking very forlorn.  He said, "I M I M I S." (Said each letter.  I had no idea what he was saying.  He looked at us again and said, "I M I S M I."  I still did not know what he was saying.  He said, "I'm trying to spell I miss Mimi."  Sweet boy.  Sweet Mimi and Tee.  I don't know what I'd do without them.

Fred went to meet my parents half way at Brownsville at the Burger Basket.  I didn't think my stomach was quite ready for that.  I got a bath and FINALLY changed out of my church clothes.  Ha!  While I was in the bath Dash kept checking on me, but he wouldn't come any further.  He hates water.  He loves me.  It was quite the conundrum.


One night this week Fred and I had steak and intended for the boys to eat that as well.  They asked if they could have hamburgers instead.  Sure.  A hamburger is just as good as a steak. Said no one ever. #moreforthegrownups

Wednesday my friend and I transformed two walls in my house.  I've been dreaming about this for a year now.  My friend helped me turn it into a reality.  Friends like that are awesome!



Wednesday afternoon before church the big boys were doing their homework.  Jack was annoying the fire out of Clayton.  Jack came and sat by me. and this was our conversation:
Jack:  Give me something to do my homework on.
Me:  Go to the kitchen table.
Jack:  Clayton doesn't want me in the kitchen with him.
Me:  No, Clayton doesn't want you annoying him in the kitchen while he's trying to do his homework.
Jack:  I can't help it!

Look at that face.  It says it all.  He is just like my dad, but don't tell either one of them I said that!!


Snow was predicted in our area.  These were the bread shelves at the grocery store in my parent's town.  Panic much?!?

All the snow talk made Dash nervous.  So, he ate my shoe.  He's ashamed, right?

Friday morning we did indeed wake up to snow.  Yahoo!!  We ate a big breakfast together and then enjoyed a little snow cream.  I cleaned out all the cabinets in the kitchen.  We played board games, card games, watched a movie.  Snow days are the best!




Since the roads weren't bad Fred and I decided to go on a date.  We ate at Hog and Hominy and then went to a movie.  I have no pictures from this event.  We were just so pleased to be out by ourselves neither of us picked up our phone.  If you've never been to Hog and Hominy in Memphis please go.  Also, please call me to go with you.  It's the best!

While we were in the movie Renee sent us a message and asked if the boys could just spend the night.  Why of course!  My fingers would not text her back quick enough.  Coffee tastes better when you can sip it and enjoy every drink instead of gulping it down or letting it get cold.  

No comments: