Monday, February 22, 2016

This week

Saturday found us at another basketball game, but we had a traveling fan club with us this week.
Well, if that's not the sweetest group of fans you ever did see...
This is how the morning went down.  Everybody headed to Faith Baptist for Andrew's game at 9:00, except me and Clayton.  I took Clayton to his game at Bartlett Hills at 9:00, left him there and then headed back to Andrew's game. As soon as I got to Andrew's game Fred left, along with everyone else, to head to Clayton's game.  When Andrew's game was over we went back to Clayton's game to watch the second half.  Once Clayton's game was over everybody headed to Jack's game. Then Jack had pictures.  Mun and Janice headed home.  Renee, Fred, Mimi, Tee and my crew went to Lenny's for lunch.  Then the girls went to Southern Whimsy (a gift shop) and Clayton had his pictures at 2:30.  By the time it was all over I was exhausted and ready for bed.  Ha!
Here's a clip from Andrew's game.  Andrew will make a basket, but the most precious thing about the video is watching Jack cheer him on as he "coaches" the team.  Too sweet.







The boys left with Mimi and Tee and gave us an evening at home.  We stayed around the house and then headed to Elwood's Shack for dinner and Lowe's to walk around.  Our romance knows no end.  The boys were in Jackson with Mimi and Tee at Sky Zone
 And then dinner at Sparky's pizza buffet.  Clayton had hot wings...his love language.  Jack had a chocolate chip pizza...his love language.  Andrew had Mimi all to himself to be able to say, "Hey Mimi.  Hey Mimi.  Hey Mimi.",,,his love language.
 Then Sunday after church the boys got to celebrate Valentines with another favorite Valentine, Aunt Janice.  They feasted on Taco Bell, which speaks love to them.
Monday we we were out of school and several friends came over.  Mondays out of school are the best.  It's like a second weekend.  I wish we had one every week!  It was rainy all morning so they couldn't go outside.  At one point they started playing hid and seek upstairs. There must have been a little tackle going on, because I literally thought the light fixtures were going to fall from the ceiling.

Andrew continues to lose teeth.  He lost another tooth on the bottom, which makes 4.  His mouth looks like quite the puzzle. 
One morning everyone was gone but me and Andrew.  We got a few games on Candy Land in.  He really enjoys playing a board game.  Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders are his favorites.

Thursday night was kind of crazy.  I thought I would write it down so I don't forget what life is like during this season.  We all ate dinner together.  Fred took Clayton and Jack to Bible Drill at 6:50.  He left them there and headed for the University of Memphis to speak at the BCM.  Andrew and I stayed home until about 7:30.  We picked up Jack at church and then took him to basketball.  Then Andrew and I came back home and played a few board games.  At 7:50 we headed out the door to get Clayton.  Once home Clayton and Andrew got showers and we prepared lunches.  Andrew and Clayton stayed home when I picked up Jack at basketball at 8:30.  Jack's practice was a little late getting over.  He got a shower, made his lunch, and then we all said prayers.  We were all in the bed by 9:00.  Fred came home at some point.  I have no idea.  I was asleep.  I was exhausted.

Friday I checked the boys out of school early and we headed to Paris for B's birthday party.  I don't know who was more excited, me and Melody or the boys?!?  We surprised B and picked him up at school.  We ran around town and hugged a few necks, then we headed to the party.  After the party we headed to Melody's house to spend the night.  We finally put the boys to bed at 11:00 pm and then Melody and I stayed up until 1:30 am talking, laughing and catching up.  I told her the last time I was up that late was in 1999 when we were roommates and I came out of my room to tell her to be quiet...people were trying to sleep.  Ha!  It was a night I will not soon forget.  Lifetime friends are such a blessing. 

No comments: