Saturday, March 26, 2016


Wednesday afternoon we rounded the boys up from school a little early and headed to the airport.
We made it to the airport and headed through security.  Do you know how stressful it is to go through security with three children?  Goodness.  Ask Fred.  Being in an airport is one of the only times I ever see him stressed.  You know who wasn't stressed??  This guy...
We flew from Memphis to Atlanta to Seattle.  The next day we toured the Boeing factory (where they make airplanes) and we walked around Pike Place.  It was a beautiful day to be out in Seattle. 

We drove about 2 1/2 hours to Vancouver and went to Dan and Tami's house where everyone just fell into hanging out. 

We hiked several days and toured around Vancouver several days with the best hostesses around.  Dan and Tami really know how to treat guests!  We saw beautiful waterfalls and scenery.  The kiddos even got to play in an indoor pool.

The day we left we ventured a little to the east to have tea with a precious couple on our way back to Seattle.  While we were in Vancouver the Iranians celebrated their new year. 
After tea we drove back to Seattle to meet up with our good friends for a little play time. Then we headed back to our hotel room to grab a little sleep while our neighboring friends at the hotel had a Nerf war.  Okay, they weren't really our friends, but they did have a Nerf war in the hall of the hotel. 

We got up in plenty of time to grab a good breakfast...the hotel breakfast was less than desirable.  Clayton had chocolate breakfast bread, which he explained was much better for you than cake since it was in loaf form.  Nice try son.  That's just a slice of bread. 
 And then the restaurant did the unthinkable...Jack surrendered his breakfast sandwich proclaiming he was full.  Hats off to you Auntie Irene's in Des Moines, Washington. 

On our last leg the boys argued over who would sit by the window, but then we looked over during take off and this was the scene...every single boy was on an electronic device.  Silly boys.  Why must I play referee?!?
Of everything we did, I think the boys enjoyed just being at home with Dan and Tami's children.  They played the Wii together.  The little ones crafted together.  Jack walked in the neighbors yard without a shirt on to retrieve a ball...but that's a story for another day.

We had the best time and can't wait to go back again!

No comments: