Sunday, March 6, 2016

This week

Saturday morning Andrew did not have a basketball game.  Clayton spent the night with a friend.  It was just the younger boys and we didn't have to rush out.  Jack was a little sad that he didn't have a friend over and he told me peanut butter french toast would make him feel better.  How can I argue with that?!?  We actually had a relatively calm Saturday morning.
Then we headed out to pick up Clayton for his final basketball game.  His team lost, but he had a good season over all.
Then we headed to Jack's basketball game.  His team won by 30.  I don't think Jack quit smiling the entire time.
Fred has challenged us to be an inter-generational church.  In response to that my Sunday school class met with an older ladies Sunday school class.  It was the sweetest time.  We enjoyed getting to know them all.  You should have seen their faces when I suggested that we take a selfie.  Ha.  Precious.

Sunday afternoon was absolutely beautiful.  I knew it was going to rain quite a bit this week, but I drug took the boys to Shelby Farms to hike 6 miles with me.  It was really quite fun.  We even took a friend.  At one point around mile 5, Andrew bent over and declared he could not take one more step.  He survived.  Having said that, I don't think he'll volunteer to go again any time soon. Ha!

Fred was at the hospital with a precious church member when we the boys and I began. He didn't know if he would make it.  Around mile 1 I looked over my shoulder and this guy was running to catch up with us.  Sweetest sight ever.  
Andrew brought a backpack to carry a water bottle and a stuffed animal.  Of course.  Please note who is carrying the back pack.  Yes, that would be me. 

Since we don't get Sundays off (Lionel Richie was WAY off when he penned the song, "Easy Like Sunday Morning."  He has no idea.), I asked Fred to give me one day during the week.  Tuesdays seems to be the best day to do this.  I get to linger in God's word a little longer.  It's really a treat.
I also go on a run on Tuesdays.  I usually take Dash, but it was raining.  He does not like the rain.  When I started putting on my gear he got really excited.  When I explained the rain situation this is what he did.  Bless his heart.
Fred and I voted on Tuesday.  I made tomato soup and we headed out.  This qualifies as a date, right?!?

One night this week I was having a very frank discussion with the boys about not doing something that I asked them to do.  I got a little upset so I went upstairs to seek forgiveness from my oldest.  While I was trying to talk to him, Andrew kept calling my name.  He called my name about 6 times before I said (in a very loud tone!), "Andrew! I'm trying to talk to Clayton.  I have been ignoring you, because we are in the middle of a discussion.  Give me a minute!"  I finished up with Clayton and headed into Andrew's room.  He looked at me over his glasses and said, "Mom, I have two things."  Please envision him holding up two fingers and looking at me over his glasses.  He then said, "Number one.  (Now one finger.)  When I say mom, I want you to say what.  Second thing (now two fingers.)  Can I turn my light on so I can read a book?'  The fingers, looking over the glasses, and telling me I should say "what" when I call his name about did me in.  All I could do was laugh.  Have mercy.

I serve on the PTO at Clayton's school.  They gave Clayton a reimbursement check for me and he lost it.  We dove head first into his backpack/the black hole.  We were up to our elbows in papers and we still didn't find it. he was digging, he did find this...
 That would be my mother's ring that she lost when she was here in November.  It was at the bottom of Clayton's backpack.  You should have seen his face when he pulled this literal jewel out of his backpack.  He said, "Whoa, what is this?"  Of course, as soon as I saw it I immediately knew what it was.  We face timed with Mimi to tell her the news.  I think we are going to clean out Clayton's backpack more often!  PS-We did eventually find the reimbursement check.  Whew.  All's well that ends well!

Friday, I met up with a friend from Paris.  We used to run and work out together.  So, we decided to meet up in the middle of our two cities and try a Yoga class.  It was so fun.  We even had lunch together and shopped a little.  We should have gotten a picture, but we did not.  Bummer.  Before we left we put our next yoga date on the calendar.  I'm going to be counting down the days until we meet up again!

No comments: