Saturday, March 26, 2016

The week before Vancouver when I thought I pressed publish but didn't...whoops

Saturday morning the boys had Men's Breakfast at church.  Otherwise know as the most wonderful day of the month for this mom!!  I ate breakfast, worked on the computer a bit, and then took a leisure shower and took my time getting ready.  I even put on lipstick.  It was a big morning!
Jack is the only one still playing basketball, so we headed to his game at 11:00.  He was ready to go!  Mimi and Tee even came in town for this epic game.  The team that they played beat them the last time they played.  This is the only team that's beaten them all season.  To say Jack had on his game face would be a gross understatement.  Jack's team ended up winning by 40 points.  He was pumped.  To add a cherry on top we headed to Mexican afterwards to celebrate.


Sunday morning we woke up at 5:50 am to Jack getting sick.  Oh dear.  Bless his heart.  When your dad is a pastor and your mom teaches a class on Sunday mornings there's not much rest for the weary and/or sick.  He waited it out in Fred's office while I finished up.  Then we headed home to wait on everyone else.

This week kind of got past me.  I'm not really sure what happened.  We've had three funerals at our church in the last week.  Fred has been very busy with all of that.  Watching people grieve and hurt is the hardest part of what Fred does.  He preached very meaningful messages at each of the funerals. The funerals were during the week.

One day during the week, Andrew asked me how many days we wear "long pants".  I told him I wasn't sure.  Then he said, "So, I guess you don't know how many days we wear short-sleeved pants?"  hahaha!

Monday of this week our eldest child knocked our gianormous flat screen television off our mantle.  Thankfully, he was not hurt.  Thankfully, Fred walked in on the the situation first and with much grace.  Thankfully, my in-laws were wanting to buy a new television and we got their older one.  No harm, no foul.

Friday and Saturday we had the ladies conference at our church that we've been planning since last June.  Last June!  It was so fun to see it come together.  I don't think I've ever been a part of something that has run smoother.  Every single detail was taken care of.  The weekend was stress free and a breath of fresh air.  Since I planned a lot of it, many of my personal friends were the speakers.  It really was the best weekend.  I was pretty busy during the weekend, so I didn't get any pictures.  I did get a photo in the photo booth with Fred's family and Melody.






No comments: