Monday, June 27, 2016

A week at home

Fred and Renee take the boys out on a "date" for their birthday.  Jack decided to go to Cheesecake Factory, Best Buy, and Academy Sports.  He had a great time.  

Sunday was Father's day.  Fred hung out with his parents and I drove to Jackson to spend time with my dad.  Then we all met up at our house to celebrate our Fred.  Sadly, I have no pictures.  I do have a picture of Fred's card from Dash.  Please excuse one word.  The card was just too perfect.  



We actually have a week at home and it's all things wonderful!  Well, a week at home is a loose term, but we'll take it by any definition.
Andrew had little kids camp at church Monday and Monday night.  Zachary went with him.  If you told him he was going to Disney World he could not have been more excited!

Before I took Andrew to Little Kids Camp I met Janice at exit 42 to drop Jack off.  He spent a couple of days at Mimi's house, because his best friend from Paris, Bennett, was in Jackson with his grandmother.  Those two sure do love each other.  They are birds of a feather. Spending time with your best friend at your grandmother's house has to be the very definition of perfection.  Look at these smiles...
If you're doing the math you have realized that we only have one kiddo at home at this point.  He had to do all sorts of extra things around the house since he was by himself.  We mowed the yard together.  Dash gets very stressed when we mow.  Clayton sneezes every time he gets in the sun.  It is so delightful.


Since Clayton was such a good help at home and an only child we told him we could go out to eat.  Guess what he chose?  Yep, Cheesecake Factory.  Now, I don't normally enjoy a chain restaurant, but yum.  Seriously, I ate a bacon, date and goat cheese pizza and it was the best pizza I've ever eaten.  Seriously.

This was my motto with the pizza that I ate...

Tuesday night some of my sweet friends came into town.  I showed  Chick Fil A.  Ha!  And then we went to La Michoacana for ice cream.  I think they were fans. I loved hanging out with them!  
 Meanwhile...Jack and Bennett ate McDonald's in Jackson.  Jack had a Big Mac.  He said he had never had one before.  Of course, Aunt Janice took care of that!
Katie, if you still read this blog, I knew this would make you smile!
 Friday was our anniversary and we grabbed lunch out and then we had a wedding that evening.  I decided about 3 hours before the wedding to find a new dress.  I'm happy to report that I was successful...and I'm officially crazy.  What was I thinking?!?



Early Sunday morning I headed out with a few friends for Beach Blast (our church youth camp) in Panama City.  We were in two cars.  I had just commented to my friend riding with me that I thought we were making great time.  All of a sudden our friends driving in front of us had a flat tire.  I'm here to tell you, there is nothing you can not learn on You Tube.  About 30 minutes later, we had the spare tire on the car, we rolled into Walmart and had it fixed.  All in all it was a good trip.  It took us about 14 hours (should have been 8), but who's counting?!?


 Monday I rolled to Sam's to get ready for youth camp.  Because, going to Sam's seems like the logical thing to do when you are at the beach, right?!?
 I did not even mess around with a cart.  I just went for this big guy.  Please note the water in my cart.  One must hydrate when pushing this think through the grocery.
 An hour later, it was full.  Whew.
 Andrew and Jack stayed in Jackson.  Andrew is getting to attend art camp.  He is so excited!
 Jack is getting to go to basketball camp at Union.  He could not be more excited either.  He goes from 8 am to 5 pm.  That's one happy camper.

1 comment:

Lux G. said...

You guys know how to have a good time. This blog is so appropriately named.