Sunday, April 30, 2017

Clayton had a soccer game.  We were all there to watch.  Well, Fred wasn't there yet.  My friend, Stephanie, was sitting beside me and noted that the radar was showing a storm headed our way.  The she said, "it smelled like rain".  And then she said she felt a drop of rain on her arm.  And then...then...the bottom fell out.  We were like sitting ducks.  There was no where to go AND the soccer game continued.  Continued.  We ran to the cars while our children played in the rain.  Then we headed back out. It was cold and miserable.  Did I mention that the team we were playing spoke only Spanish?  Yeah.  It wasn't pretty. 

Before Easter, we met up with a couple of our friends and had a Sadar meal to boys about the Passover.  This is our second year to meet up to have a Passover meal and it's always a great night.

Easter morning, Fred left for church early, but I'm proud to report that this crew made it to church on time...dressed and smiling.

I pulled up this picture from last Easter.  Look at how all these people have grown.  Mercy.
Mimi made her famous bunny cake.

Later that week we had a storm and Dash was very concerned. Very concerned.  He does not like a storm.

I was studying in the hammock and Dash was so distressed that he tried to climb up in the hammock with me.  It did not work, but he tried.

In fact, Dash was so distressed from the whole ordeal that he ate my dinner off my plate that was on the table and then refused to make eye contact.  Silly dog.

Since the boys have been cooking they have learned a lot.  It has worked out well for us.  Sometimes after dinner one of the boys will ask if they can make cookies.  Make cookies??  Yes.  A thousand times yes.  

And then they work up the next morning and made pancakes.  Does it get much better?!?

Jack had a game that morning.  They played hard.  As soon as the game was over he downed this bag of Flamin' Hot Munchies.  You know what I've never thought after a hard work out?  Mmmmm, some Flamin' Hot Munchies would taste good about now.  Nope.  Never thought that. 

After Jack's game we headed for a hamburger at the Dixie Queen.  Now, that's some good eating.  I was really in the mood for a good burger after watching Jack play so hard. 

 Monday Clayton cooked dinner.  He made BLTs, Parmesan potatoes, and broccoli.  He was slinging stuff around so much, he had to take his shirt off.  I was cracking up.

 Andrew had a field trip on Thursday that he was really looking forward to.  He was to put a snack and a bottle of water in a brown paper bag with his name on it.  He's seven.  He got it done.  Here's to third children everywhere.  They are survivors.

Thursday morning my phone rang at 5:45 am and it was Fred.  I knew he was on a bike ride, so when I answered the phone I said, "Where do I need to come get you?"  He was a 12 minute DRIVE away from the house.  I was just thankful that I didn't have to up GPS coordinates.  At least I had an address this morning.
 Remember the snack from earlier?  The long awaited field trip was Thursday.  We went to the Memphis Botanic Gardens.  Andrew told Fred that afternoon that he knew it was going to be fun, but it was ten times better than he thought.  Bless him.

During this photo we were in the tranquil Japanese gardens having a tea ceremony...except our tea ceremony was anything but peaceful.  About five boys decided to throw softball size rocks at the geese in the garden.  The volunteer leading the tea ceremony was not pleased.  He had a bit of a come apart during the ceremony. 

Speaking of third children being survivors...I make three-four options a week for breakfast and the boys just heat something up when they get up.  Look at this sweet 7 year old that's barely able to reach the microwave making his own breakfast. 

Jack had his final Bible drill on Saturday.  He did great.  As usual, his groupies were hanging out.  Fred was at the soccer field with Andrew.  As soon as the event was over, my parents took Jack to change his clothes and everyone met up at his basketball game.  Then when it was over everyone but me headed to Clayton's soccer game.  I headed to Appling Middle School for a Spring Fling.  

At 8:00 pm, we finally headed home.  It was a long, fun Saturday.  I think I may need another Saturday to recover from my Saturday though.  19 1/2 day of school left in case anyone is counting.  And yes, we are!

No comments: