Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crazy Weekend

Our crazy weekend started on Thursday night as we met at school to decorate for Supper with Santa at Rhea.  It was loads of fun!  Friday morning Clayton and Jack went to school and Fred headed to Memphis.  Janice was here with Andrew.  I worked at school to get ready for the night.  We had pizza, games, nail painting, tattoos, cotton candy, popcorn, a bake sale, a silent auction, Reindeer Lane, bouncers and pictures with the big man himself!!  It was a whirlwind of three hours of activity!  Thankfully, I have a supportive family, principal, friends, church family and PTO officers.  Once the event was finally over I headed to Jackson to get some rest.
 I woke up early Saturday morning to cheer on my favorite runner in the St. Jude Marathon (26.2 miles).  I cannot express to you how excited I was to see his precious face coming up the street around mile 11!  He looked great and was right on pace. 
 After an intense 30 minutes of waiting I finally saw him come around the corner onto the warning track at Auto Zone park.  Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw a healthy, smiling runner!  He is most definitely my hero!

 See the long marks on the track below?  They are left over from a lady several minutes before who collapsed and literally C.R.A.W.L.E.D. across the finish line.  Yes, crawled!  Needless to say I was relieved to see Fred come around the corner still smiling!!
After leaving Memphis we went back to Jackson to get the boys and then headed back to Paris.  This morning we had Bethlehem Breakfast at church. We gathered as families to kick our Advent season off with a celebration of our Savior coming to earth.  What a weekend!  We will not soon forget this one!  (Mainly b/c I think it will take several days to recover...hehehehe!!)

No comments: