Friday, March 16, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Fred is the only person in this house that has not gotten the flu (or whatever we've had)...so far.  Lucky. 
2.  It has been a rough week.  I don't drink alcohol.  I chose instead to eat an entire Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Egg.  It was divine.  Quite possibly the perfect candy.  The peanut butter egg is the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter filling. I can't remember the last time I've had a full size peanut butter egg.  Is it just me or have they shrunk since I was a kid?!?  It was still candy perfection though. 
3.  Clayton had to be picked up at school because he was sick.  I loaded up my sick self, sick Jack and Andrew.  When we got to school he looked terrible...terrible.  I limped back to the car (I could have called on a long list of friends waiting to help, but didn't want to infect anyone else.) with him and looked back to check on him.  When we made eye contact he weakly said, "I'm sorry you had to get everyone out to come get me."  Precious.
4.  Jack has been the sickest of the group.  I will spare you the details, but he has been sick for almost an entire week.  He went to sleep last night at 6:45 pm because he told me, "I cannot keep my eyes open any longer, mom."  He did not wake up until 9:15 am this morning.  He has never slept this late!  Never.
5.  Andrew was the last to fall.  He has been pretty pitiful.  I thought we had all turned a corner, so I changed our sheets.  Andrew got up the next morning and proceeded to vomit in my bed on my clean sheets.  I changed them a.g.a.i.n.!!

On a side note, I'd like to offer my heartfelt thanks to all our friends and family who have called to check on us, offered to bring supplies, shuttled Clayton to and from school, brought lunch by, etc.  We have a great support group and I don't know how we'd make it without you all!!

No comments: