Friday, December 7, 2012

1.  I try really hard, but when someone falls (unless they are elderly or seriously injured) I can't help but laugh.  Even my own children.  It's bad.  Fred came in from a run this week with his hand and knee covered in blood.  He had fallen in the same spot that he fell a few weeks ago.  I should be sympathetic, right?  No, I laughed.  Still at this moment I am snickering at the thought of 6 feet 5 inches of man sailing through the air.  Andrew laughs when someone falls, so it must be genetic.  Right?!? 
2.  Helen used to sing when she was working around the house.  While the boys and I were at her "hotel" for Christmas they had a DJ in the dining room.  He started playing Frank Sinatra's New York, New York.  She immediately recognized it and started singing.  I briefly closed my eyes.  Listening to her sing transported me back to when she was at home fluttering around the house cleaning and singing.  Precious memories. 
3.  One morning this week I asked Jack repeatedly to get ready for school.  He was in the back.  I finally asked him what he was doing.  Clayton was at the table and said, "He's in the back looking for a relic from my kindergarten year."  What??  A relic?!?  Sure enough Jack came out of the back with a "relic" from Clayton's kindergarten year. 
4.  Jack has asked several times why we don't hang lights at our house.  While he's at school today Fred is buying lights to hang on our house for him.  I can't wait to see his face!!  Move over Clark Griswold!
5.  Last week at Dairy Delight I asked Andrew where he wanted to sit...meaning location in the restaurant.  He looked up at me and said, "By you."  Be still my heart. 

No comments: