Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lots of updates!!!

Upon looking at the pictures on my phone I realized I am quite behind on my updates.  This may get lengthy, but here goes...
Fred and Renee sent me home with all the leftovers from Thanksgiving.  I took this as a challenge to use them all and not waste anything.  Here are a few of the meals we had:
On the left is creamed turkey over corn pudding with green beans and strawberry salad.  Creamed turkey is kind of like chicken and dumplins without the dumplins.  It is traditionally served over cornbread, but since I had leftover corn pudding I served it over that instead.  Yum!  
The photo in the middle is Turkey and Wild Rice soup, again delicious.  
The far right is leftover pork tenderloin with egg and cheese on a roll.  We ate this for breakfast.  My only regret is that we did not have 2 for each person.  
I made a pot of corn chowder as well, but failed to get a picture.  We also had a meal of straight leftovers and then I froze what was left at that point.  We will have Thanksgiving meal again this week.
What fun for me!  It was truly the gift that just kept on giving!!

 Our bathroom is still underway.  Thankfully, reinforcements came today in the form of Chris Martin Construction.  The picture on the right is the progress they made this morning.  The photo on the left is leftover wallpaper from when we moved in.  When I saw it it made me wonder why we ever painted the bathroom in the beginning...ha...just kidding.  Is that not hideous?!?  But yet, strangely in style?!? 

 Saturday we ran 13.1 miles for St. Jude.  This is our 4th year to run and it is always a joy!  As long as my legs and knees hold up I hope to run for St. Jude in Memphis at the beginning of December.  At least that's what I'm saying today.  Saturday round about mile 9 I was really questioning my sanity.  I relate it to childbirth.  I promise myself I'm not going to do it next year, but by Tuesday, I've forgotten all those promises and I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction.  I got a picture of me and Fred before and after the race.  It was the perfect day for a run through Memphis.

 Last but not least...my favorite part of running long distances...carb loading!!  Yes, I dream about this day.  My running partner and I split the box below (well, and we shared with our family a little as well).  It is from Muddy's Bake Shop (highly recommend!!).  Yes, you are seeing 3 cupcakes, a piece of cake, a macaroon and a piece of toffee.  Worth every bit of training!!  I also had a burger on 2 pieces of thick white bread with a side of macaroni and cheese.  All for the race, of course. hehe!!  My friend told me for someone my size I sure do know where good food is.  My philosophy on food is that food is fuel and if you are going to fuel up, make it good.  I'll see you next year, Muddy's Bake Shop!!

Just a funny story from the race.  It was hot and once you run a half marathon you are pretty yucky.  My friend and I got a tip on some "nice" showers at Auto Zone park.  She even came manned with a towel.  We found these nice showers, walked in and then...noticed they were community showers.  Community showers.  As in, a cinder block room with 7 shower head sticking out of the wall.  Not my definition of "nice".  I looked at my friend and said, "I'm out."  Not doing it.  She laughed and we both left that locker room as stinky as we entered!  Ha!

No comments: