Friday, July 12, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  Fred is at children's camp this week.  He even got to go a day early with the 4th and 5th grade boys.  I may or may not be a little jealous that he gets to go and I don't.  I sent him a text after the first night to see how he slept.  His response, "Like a log".  Only 6'5' Fred could sleep like a log on a wooden bunk bed that's 6 feet long with a 2 inch plastic covered foam mattress.  Mercy.
2.  This was a big week around here.  I conned convinced the boys to help me mow the yard.  I would mow a big square and then tell them to mow in between it.  They did it.  It looks awesome. With all three of us working we weeded the flower beds, hoed the garden, mowed every bit of grass and used the blower on the patio, driveway and walk...in about 2 hours.  Since the words, "It's a boy!"  I've dreamed of this day.  It's here and it's everything I thought it would be!  Bless my soul, is that not a beautiful sight?!?  My, I love those boys...not just because they can mow though.

3.  We have tried to squeeze every little bit out of summer that we can.  This week we went to Incredible Pizza in Memphis with some friends.  Each week day at lunch they have some kind of special.  For a flat fee you get two hours of unlimited attractions.  Unlimited, for two hours: laser tag, putt putt golf, go carts, bowling!!  (All inside!)  The boys were pumped.  Our friends had not been there.  Upon arriving Clayton pulled out a hand drawn map of Incredible Pizza from his pocket. He wanted to make sure he and his friends made the most of every moment.  Precious.

4.  Jack asked me if they would get paid for mowing the yard.  I replied with a hearty, "Yes...I will feed you!"
5.  Andrew and I dropped off the last camper yesterday.  When we were leaving the parking lot he said pitifully, "Mom, I'm going to miss Dad, Jack and Clayton."  Me too, buddy.
On a side note...Andrew talks a lot.  All three of my boys do.  I become acutely aware of how much they talk when I am alone with one of them.  They don't have a brother/friend to talk to. Andrew and I have covered a lot of conversational ground since the boys left.  

No comments: