Sunday, July 7, 2013

Past couple of weeks...

A friend told me last night that she was missing my blog updates, honestly, I haven't even thought about it.  It just so happened that the boys were away for almost two weeks visiting with grandparents.  Fred and I were just really enjoying our time together.  It is amazing to me that after all these years we are still friends.  I tried to enjoy my "vacation" to the max.  While Fred still went to work during the day, we both viewed it as a HUGE blessing to have this time together and actually finish a sentence.  It was epic.

-Fred participated in a 100K bike ride on July 4th with a good friend.  A 100K ride is 65 miles.  That's a long time to pedal.  Who am I kidding?!?  That's a long time to ride in a car.  I asked him if he had a picture of himself.  I just got "the look" that communicated that he did not have a picture...bummer.
-While the kiddos were in Memphis a young couple at church got married.  The mother of the bride asked me if I would be willing to coordinate the food at the reception.  In the end I planned out the food and purchased it.  It was a blast!  I am not going to say how little I spent, but I'm thinking I might go in to business.  It was a great day of working some friends, my mom and hopefully, a blessing to this sweet couple.
 -My Aunt Janice organizes/orchestrates a swim weekend each year around July 4th for our family.  It is a weekend filled with food, family, swimming and fun and did I mention food?!?  I ate dessert two times a day.  It.was.awesome.  One day during the weekend a storm started blowing in.  I snapped a picture when everyone ran inside to capture the tranquility of the literal "calm before the storm".  It was a great weekend!
-I also had the opportunity to go a a long walk each morning with my Uncle.  I cannot begin to tell you how much fun this was.  
-As an update to Clayton's Lego Robotics camp...I asked him if he had the opportunity to make any friends and his reply was, "Mom, there wasn't really much time for socializing."  
-Fred's granddad got married a couple of weeks ago.  Fred performed the ceremony.  It was really sweet.  We are so excited to welcome Francis into the family!  Here are a few pictures from the day.  I had an outfit similar to Jack's laid out for Clayton to wear.  At the last minute he asked to wear a suit.  I was pulling stuff together at the last minute, but I'm glad it worked out!
 Here we are with Fred's siblings, minus Dan and Tami.  We'll be getting a picture with everyone before we know it!
 Here's the whole crew in the church.  That is quite the crew right there.
And now just the Shackelford crew...minus Dan and Tami, of course.
-I served the boys homemade cinnamon rolls this morning.  Homemade.  You know they've been at Mawmaw and Mimi's house too long when the replies were, "I really like Mimi's cinnamon rolls out of a can better" or "Your icing is not as good as Mimi's."  Feel the love.  Feel it.  
-I cannot believe July is here.  The boys have children's camp this week, we are going to Holiday World for a few days next week and then the big boys and I go to Seattle the last week of July.  Where has summer gone?!?  We have loved every minute of it, well, minus the boys complaining about homemade cinnamon rolls.  Homemade people!!

No comments: