Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve

We woke up on New Year's Eve full of excitement.  2014 was a good year.  We had highs.  We had lows.  We made mistakes.  We had victories.  We are still on a journey with a loving God learning more about Him each day.  Each year I reflect on the year that has passed.  2014 was a good year.

New Year's Eve started off like any other day.  We ate breakfast.  I went to the grocery. (Actually I went to Walmart.  I am vowing not to go in 2015, but that's a different post.)  We did laundry.  We ate lunch.  You know, just regular stuff.  Sometime that afternoon Fred went on a run.  About 20 minutes after he left he called me.  He had stepped in a leaf pile and twisted his ankle.  Oh dear.  He asked me to come pick him up, but then called back and said he could make it home.  By the time he got home he had a softball like knot on the side of his foot.  Oh goodness.   Sometime during the day I started feeling queasy.  Yuck.  We were scheduled to go to dinner with a sweet group of friends at the Butcher Shop.  We had reservations at 7:30 pm. By 8:20 pm we still had not been seated.  Fred and I looked at the clock and realized we wouldn't be back in time to get the kiddos.  The boys were happily playing at a freind's house.  I'm sure they would have been fine, but me feeling queasy, plus not getting our kiddos on time made us decide to leave.  Bummer.  New Year's Eve did not quite turn out like we expected, but oh well...that's life.

2015 is going to be a great year!  Today is a new day, a new year, a new start.  But really if we walk with Christ, is that not the story of every day?

The Lord's loving kindness indeed never ceases, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 2:22-23...Now that's a reason to say Happy New Year!  Here's to walking with him every day in 2015!

No comments: