Sunday, April 12, 2015

Going on around here

 Dash the dog ran with Fred this week.  Clearly, it was hot outside and clearly Fred runs faster than me.  This dog laid on the floor for a long time.  If you just wear him out he tolerable.
 Andrew got some kind of letter from his preschool teacher.  It was supposed to tell me if he's ready for kindergarten.  The letter told us that he is, but several things on it made me laugh.  The comments on this page made me smile:
 And then #6 made me laugh out loud!  I'm actually still laughing about it.
 The University of Memphis Football team hosted Friday Night Stripes.  They played against each other.  The kids got to run through the tunnel and on to the field.  It was a fun Friday family night after a pretty rough week at school.  I'm not going in to it on a public forum, but I can sum it up in five words: I am over state testing!!
 Is that not beautiful?!?
 I found a jersey at a thrift store and Andrew wears it to all of the games.  The number on it is 22.  It held no significance to him until we met #22 on the team.  We found him as soon as we walked on the field.  It made Andrew's night! 
 This fella needed a fun night and boy did it deliver!  He loved every minute of it!  His smile makes me smile. 
Saturday morning was crazy.  We have three children that needed to be in three different cities and only two parents.  We were outnumbered.  I took C to Bible Drill in Collierville.  Fred took Andrew and Jack to soccer.  Then, the reinforcements came in (i.e. my in laws) and took Jack to Cordova for baseball. 
Below is a picture of Clayton and his buddies at Bible Drill.  They did great!
Once we picked all the boys up we headed to Jackson for me to attend a bridal shower of a childhood friend, for Fred to shop at a suit store (the only one that has his size on the rack!!) and for the boys to hang out with Mimi and Tee.  I'm not pictured with the bride.  Those pictures are on someone else's phone.  I'll get them soon.  But for today this is all I have.  I just have to say, I love these girls.  We've been together for a long time.  They get me.  We don't have to catch up.  There's just a familiarness (maybe that's not a word?!?) between us.  I love them as if we are related.  I love them. 
While I was at the shower I got a text from Fred that he headed back to Bartlett b/c he had a wedding to preform...that he forgot...whoops.  Talk about panic.  I'm not going to talk about how quickly he made it from Jackson to Bartlett.  It was too fast for me to think about.  Having said that...he made it...they are married...and all is well.  By the time we got back in bed that night I told Fred I felt like we had packed three days in to one.  Needless to say, just like every other night, we slept well. 

No comments: