Thursday, April 16, 2015

This week

Andrew and I were making his lunch this week.  He said he wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, yogurt and applesauce.  The he said, "If we don't have applesauce I'll just take a Milky Way."  Yes, that's an equal trade.  I'm so glad I've had an influence on my children and healthy eating. 

The Gideon's were passing out Bibles at Clayton's school this week.  I rolled down the window to thank them and they handed me two.  I didn't really want to take them because we have so many Bibles around here.  I wanted someone else to take it that really needed it.  I told Clayton this and he said, "Mom, I'll take them.  I have a friend at school that's an atheist.  I'm going to try to put it in his backpack."  I held it together and told him that was a great idea and I'd be praying for him.  I didn't cry in front of him.  If I've learned anything from years of living with boys it's this...Boys do not like it when girls cry.  So I try really hard not to create an uncomfortable for the majority gender in this house.  As I pulled off I couldn't help the tears streaming down my face and I couldn't help but praise the Lord for all He's doing in Clayton's life.  The Lord and I had a long talk that morning. 

Jack mentioned, in passing, that he ear was hurting.  We were walking out the door for school.  I told him to take his temperature.  Sure enough he had fever.  He was thrilled, fist pump and all.  I took him to the clinic.  Diagnosis...double ear infection.  His ear hurt a little?  That boy.  I think his arm could be severed and he might say ouch...maybe, but I doubt it. 

I help a 93 year old lady that lives in a senior community.  She is spunky and full of life.  Andrew and I get to go to her house every other week to help her.  According to her she needs a little help because "she just can't get behind her commode anymore". (Her words not mine)  Yeah...when you're 93 you have a pass on baseboards, right?  I mean, can I get an amen??  Wednesday was my last day with her because she is moving into an assisted living facility.  I was telling the boys about it.  Clayton said, "When I get old my kids are going to come live with me so I don't have to move."  I told him that would be like us going to live with Mawmaw and Pawpaw and/or Mimi and Tee.  His reply..."Awesome! Twinkies and Cokes everyday.  How could life get better?!?"  I think he's ready to move in tomorrow.

My sister in law sent me this picture this week.  It could not be more true for me. That is why I don't keep Goldfish in the house.  Goodness those things are yummy!

 
 My boys have to make their beds up on school mornings.  Apparently this is extremely taxing because when I went to check on Jack last night he was sleeping under a light blanket and wearing a robe.  When I asked him what in the world he was doing he told me he didn't want to make his bed in the morning.  Now, that's commitment. 

I got pictures from my friend's fancy wedding shower.  We have been together for a long time...some of us have been together as long as the church nursery.  I consider these girls treasures.  My childhood just wouldn't have been the same without them. xoxo

 Some of us keep it classy everywhere we go...those cupcakes did not play.  They were tasty.  That Melody can make a strawberry cupcake.

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

I like claytons idea! I have trouble getting behind my commode now. Or maybe I just have trouble WANTING to get behind my commode. 😳😳