Sunday, October 25, 2015

It just keeps going

We came in from Big South Fork and I dumped the dirty laundry in the washing machine and had the boys out the door by 10:30 am the next morning...about 14 hours after we got home.  This also included a trip to Academy Sports.  Good times.
The big boys left for RA Camporee in Linden, Tennessee.  I do not have any pictures, nor do I expect one.  I'm just hoping they take a shower.  Ha!
One of the leaders took this picture though. That's a sweet group of guys and leaders.  I love how they invest in my boys.


While the big boys are away Andrew had a rare treat of being the only child.  So...
We went out to eat...

And then we got frozen yogurt with no limitations.  Andrew chose strawberry yogurt, salted caramel yogurt, and spiced apple pie yogurt (in one bowl.  Gag.)  Then he topped it with Trix cereal, Lucky Charms cereal, and yogurt chips.  Sounds gross to me, but he ate it.  

The Memphis Tigers played Ole Miss at 11:00 am Saturday morning.  With the anticipation of terrible traffic we headed out at 7:30 am.  We stopped at Chick Fil A on the way and it was crazy.  I've never seen so much chicken leave a store.  I thought at any moment they were going to come out and tell me they had run out of chicken, but they never did.  With 5 orders of chicken mini's in hand we headed to meet up with our friends.
After we hung out in the parking lot for a while we headed in to a packed Liberty Bowl for a Tiger victory!

 Since Andrew was the only child he got to get a beloved Tom the Tiger stuffed animal.  He has had his eye on Tom since the first game.  Mercy me that boy loves a stuffed animal.
We also had the wedding of a sweet couple at church.  It was the perfect day for a beautiful wedding.
Keeping the theme of only child...Andrew got to have Zachary over for the evening.  These two are cousins, but they are friends as well.  It is so fun to listen to them talk and play without older or younger siblings around.  They are too sweet.
After this picture was taken Zachary informed me that he didn't really like pizza.  He would like a donut for dinner.  Sure thing.  Then he had a donut for breakfast.  Well...technically....he and Dash had a donut for breakfast.  And they shared a sausage and biscuit.

Jack did not get to see the Memphis vs. Ole Miss game.  He watched it later with Fred.  Too sweet.  That boy loves a football game.


Actaully, Dash has been a naughty, naughty dog.  He ate my breakfast Monday and was not even sorry.  Look at that dog not even acting sorry.  Bad dog.
Then later in the week he got groceries off the dining room table and helped himself.  For all my dog loving people, he did not eat the grapes.  He just scattered them across the floor.
 However, the bread wasn't so lucky.

 Does this not look like he's saying, "I would say I'm sorry, but I'm totally not.  It was worth it!"???

I RSVP'd for a wedding this week.  Man, things have changed since we got married in 2000.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I sure am glad I did not get married or have children in the Pinterest age!  
This online RSVP wanted to know what song we would like played at the reception for us to "get down and boogie".  How cute is that?!?  You'll be pleased to know I did not request anything.  
Speaking of music selections...I tried these pants on the other day and I could not quit singing MC Hammer's song, Can't Touch This.  I laughed and laughed in that dressing room.

Andrew's birthday is this week.  A precious lady at our church gave Andrew a basket of presents.  He is to open one up each day to his birthday.  Do you think he looks a little excited?!?  

Fred and I left for a relay race this weekend with this group of people.  I'm going to do a post on it later, but for now here's a picture of 23 of my friends that ran with me from Chattanooga to Nashville.  I'd run with them anywhere and any day of the week.  


No comments: