Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Clayton's trip to the doctor

Clayton has had a cough for about two weeks. We think it is keeping him up at night, thus making him tired in the morning...forcing him to say things like this, "School and big church are the same. They are both boring and I don't learn anything!" Again...tired. We are praying through this...but I still had to laugh on the inside.
Since this little cough has been going on for two weeks we decided he needed to go to the doctor. The nurse came in for her usual preliminary stuff. Keep in mind that he has not been to the doctor since January. This is how the conversation went...

Nurse to me: Has he been running a fever?
Me: no.
Nurse to me: You're right. He doesn't have a fever.
Nurse to me: How long has this been going on?
Me: About two weeks.
Nurse to me: Is Clayton allergic to anything?
Clayton interrupting quickly: Shots. Yes, shots. They hurt really bad and I don't like them!
Nurse: (Laughing) Okay, I will make a note of that for Dr. Minor.

Hehehehehehehehe!! He may look that Fred, but that is trademark Jennifer Merwin...Shackelford!! Makes me proud!!

3 comments:

Alicia Beth said...

How funny ! I got a good chuckle out of that one :) I've been going with my nieces to the doctor and it is quite an experience.Hope Clayton feels better soon :)

Fred and Renee said...

Jennifer Merwin Shackelford nothing - that is classic Mawmaw. I bet you never had a broken leg set without pain medicine because you didn't want the pain shot. That is MY grandson!

Dan and Tami said...

Haha. That's really funny!