Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A week full of firsts and lasts

This is a big week at the Shackelford house. Clayton will meet his kindergarten teacher tomorrow and he will turn five!! He will start school Tuesday, August 12th. Each school day starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. He will no longer be at home during the day with me and Jack (sniff, sob, sniff). Ever since we moved here, when Clayton was about 14 months old, we have had lunch with JerryPatsy (as Jack calls them...Jerry and Patsy to the rest of us) each Wednesday at Dairy Delight. We have missed a few weeks here and there, but not many. Patsy and I set our time to meet this morning and it dawned on me that today would be Clayton's last day to eat lunch with us (sniff, sob, sniff). I took my camera to document this important day in the life of our family.
This is Ms. Rose. She has been at Dairy Delight since we started going in 2004. She was out for about six weeks with a shoulder injury, but we have seen her almost every week. Ms. Sharon is usually there as well, but she wasn't working at lunch today so we didn't get our picture with her. Recently, Ms. Rose and Ms. Sharon shared with me that they couldn't believe Clayton was starting school. Ms. Sharon said, I remember when you guys first started coming and Clayton was so little. He would rub his greasy fingers all over our clean windows. It would make us so mad. Now we know that little boy by name and know what he's going to order before he says it. We have really grown to love him. Are you sure he's going to kindergarten? It just doesn't seem possible!

2 comments:

Fred and Renee said...

I can't believe that he is so big!!

Corey and Melody Cain said...

I haven't been able to make myself read the book you gave me yet, and then I read this blog...you're killing me! If you're having a hard time, I'm going to be a crazy woman! I do have to say what a wonderful little man Clayton is turning into...you and Fred are great parents! I'm so proud of Clayton and just know he's going to enjoy Kindergarten so much (and do great at it)! We love you guys! Hmmm, should I have put this in a letter instead of blubbering on and on on your blog?!!