Thursday, July 15, 2010

Five on Friday on Thursday

The boys and I are headed to camp tomorrow. I'm not sure if we'll have internet access, thus the reason Five on Friday is on Thursday.

1. Fred saw a program on Food Network about making banana pudding from scratch. He suggested we try it. We made the wafers, pudding and meringue. It was served hot. I have never tasted anything so delicious in my life!!

2. I noted last week that we had cucumbers coming out of our ears. Well, nothing has changed. After canning 15 quarts of dill pickles last week I changed to bread and butter pickles this week. Twelve quarts, one pint and two half pints later I think it's safe to say I'm pickled out!!

3. Clayton had some money to spend at Walmart. It was burning a hole in his pocket. He (and Jack) came in my room this morning at 6:04 dressed and ready to go. Clayton had gotten them dressed so they could "surprise" me. Boy, was I surprised. I sent them both back to bed. Jack went willingly based on his day yesterday--see #4.

4. Wednesday was not Jack's day. He still has swimmer's ear. We had to go back to the doctor. While we were at the clinic we went ahead and did his four year check-up, which required two shots. His response was "ummm" without expression. We went to church last night and while Jack was playing outside he got stung by something on the side of his face. I felt so sorry for him. This was our conversation:
Me: I'm so sorry you got stung buddy.
Jack: He didn't sting me mom. He just put that pokey thing on my face and poked me. I wasn't even boddering him mom. (Said in the most pitiful voice, with his head bowed and almost tears in his eyes)

5. Andrew is crawling everywhere. The object of his affection is electrical cords. He will crawl from anywhere to get one in his mouth. Needless to say we are all on high alert around here!

No comments: