Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home Improvement

After two entire months of renovations on this house we finally moved in.  Upon moving in I promised myself it would be a LONG time before we started any home improvement projects.  As a matter of fact the door stops, still in the package, sat behind each door for over a year before we installed them.  Yes, a year...still in the package.  When we moved into this house we had one 17 month old boy.  He was rather calm at that point.  I was thinking in 1.3 years we would add one girl and possibly a picket fence and continue living out the American Dream. Done. Life has taken a few twists and turns.  (I wouldn't change it for the world.)  
So what, pray tell, does all of the above have to do with the picture below?...Six years and two more boys later it is time to replace our carpet.  It is nasty and I'm not putting down real hardwood.  Maybe someday when they leave this house I'll get around to that, but for now I'm going to let this sit in my dining room until we install it in our living room and bedroom.  Stay tuned for before and after pictures.  It's gonna be great!  Bring on the boys.  Bring on the mud.  We're ready. 

1 comment:

Fred and Renee said...

It is going to look so good!!