Monday, February 6, 2012

Friends

Saturday I was blessed to meet up with these girls in Nashville.  I have called these girls (one not pictured) friends since the nursery at West Jackson Baptist Church (minus Mel...she joined us in the 9th grade).  Since Carrie and her husband are moving from the Nashville area to serve at a church outside of Atlanta, Georgia.  We had to meet to give her a farewell party.  Hopefully, we will all get together over Labor Day for a little Just Dance on the Wii.  Look out Linz, I think Mel has been practicing.
These friends are one of the biggest blessings God has given me.  Our lives have taken different, but similar paths.  We've seen heartache and joy together.  There is no group of women on this earth that "gets me" like they do.  I pray for my boys to have friends like this.  God has continued to bless me with friends (of all ages) throughout this journey and for that I am grateful, but I am also eternally grateful that God has allowed me to stay connected with these girls.  The older I get the more I realize just how rare they are.

No comments: