Thursday, February 23, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Fred was going to have the opportunity to speak in chapel at our Alma Mater, Union University. Last Friday, it happened. And it was a blast! Fred was so impressed with the hospitality of the university leadership and students. We are so thankful for what God is doing at Union, and for what He will do for years to come through the students there. If you'd like, you can listen to Fred's chapel address here.
2.  This week was Helping Hands week for us.  I donated items for the Literacy Council and for our church.  (For those of you not from Paris, Helping Hands is a radio auction that is broadcast from January through the end of February.  Every organization donates items on different days and then people call in and bid.  It is our United Way.  Last year Helping Hands raised $274,000.  It's pretty awesome!)  Well, I made a peanut butter cake from scratch for Monday.  I mean, when I was making it I had my head in the bowl licking the icing (the left overs, of course) it smelled so good.  I was listening for something else and that cake came up.  No one was bidding on it, so I decided I wanted to try it.  I bought it back for $10.  It was worth it!  Here's the recipe if you want to try it.  Just click here.
3.  When we moved to Paris almost eight years ago Clayton had an instant friend in Shannon.  They moved from Paris about 18 months ago.  When they moved it was as if Shannon took a piece of Clayton's heart with her.  After serving in Texas for a year they are back in Tennessee.  WooHoo!!  Her dad sent us a message this week to let us know she decided to make Jesus her Savior.  We are so excited for them!  She will be baptized the first Sunday in March. 
Aren't they precious?!?
4.  The big boys both have bb guns that they shoot at a target in the back yard.  We still have our old sliding glass doors propped against the house when we took them out. (I know, redneck.)  Clayton came running in the other day letting me know one of them was shattered.  I asked Jack if he did it and he said he did not.  Clayton did not do it either.  I told the boys they would not be in trouble if they told the truth, but they would be in trouble if they lied.  Clayton still claimed innocence.  Jack claimed innocence, but did not look very convincing.  After explaining again about telling the truth Jack finally said, "Yeah, it was me."   
5. Andrew has had an ear infection this week.  He has had a pretty short fuse.  It has been interesting.

No comments: