Friday, August 17, 2012

Five on Friday

1. Things are getting kicked up for Fred at TBC.  He has had several meetings this week and will continue to have meetings until November.  This has been the best year in a lot of ways.  What an opportunity to serve, learn and meet new people who, although may go about things differently, have the same goal as we do--To know Jesus and make him known. 
2.  The past two weeks have really been the calm before the storm for me.  I have tried to enjoy each moment.  This coming up week I start back teaching one day a week, the boys will start flag football, swim team will get rolling and I will start cooking Wednesday night meals at church.  Wow...do you hear the storm approaching?!?  I can see it on the horizon.  I'm going to try my best to hold on to every moment, because I have learned that before I turn around another year will have passed me by.  3.  Clayton's teacher sends home a paper called a sneak peak.  It is basically a calendar for the next week.  Typically, I glance at it and toss it in the recycle bin.  Well, apparently you are supposed to keep it in their folder.  I discovered this at parent orientation when Clayton's teacher came up to me laughing and saying, "I have to tell you what your son said."  Oh dear.  My worse nightmare.  She put another sneak peak in his folder and Clayton looked up at her and said, "Oh, that's okay.  You don't have to give my mom another one.  She just throws it away."  Wow...he totally sold me out!!  Bahahaha!! 
4.  Jack had to take a bag this week to school that was called "All About Me".  He had about five different things to include in the bag:  favorite snack, favorite color, something that made him smile, something that was special to him, etc.  When I asked him what he would like to take for something that made him smile he (without hesitating) asked to take a picture of his brothers.  Ahhhhhh. Made my heart skip a beat.
5.  Andrew and I went to the park this week.  He is pretty timid with all things.  The park is no exception.   He approached this green dinosaur and said, "Mom, you see this dinosaur?  I fink he wuvs me!"  Of course, he wouldn't climb on it...no, he hugged it.

No comments: