Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Clayton!

Today was a big day at our house.  It was the first full day of school.  Well yes, but the reason it was important is because we celebrated the birthday of our first child!  He is nine years old today.  We started our day with donuts at NeNe's.  (I do not have pictures.  As mentioned above...it was the first full day of school and I was a bit frazzled.)  Please know that the boys totally enjoyed their treats.  Andrew's order was priceless..."I want donut holes.  They are yummy!" 
We continued our celebration once the boys got home from school with a few presents.
 Then we moved the party to PI Pizza for a little more celebrating with the Snow Family, Mun, Janice and Mimi.  Clayton asked for a giant chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter frosting.  It may not look beautiful, but it was yummy...in the words of Andrew. 

 Fred's parents celebrated with us Saturday.  I'm not sure how it happened, but I don't have any pictures.  This Friday is Clayton's friend party so I'm sure we'll have another update.  Good day.

I love that little fella in the picture above more than my own life.  I remember holding him by myself after he was born and feeling a tremendous responsibility to him.  I remember being up in the middle of the night in a dark hospital room with him.  He was wrapped in a white gown and a white blanket and he was looking up at me with his big, wide open eyes.  I unwrapped him and just marveled at his tiny little fingers and tiny little toes.  Moonlight was shining through the window and all was well with the world.  For a moment it felt like time was standing still.  Since that moment time has not stopped.  It has just marched on.   What a privilege and pleasure it has been watching God work in his life over these last nine years.  Nine years old.  Wow.  It just doesn't seem possible!

No comments: