Friday, August 31, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Fred is going on a 100 mile bike ride tomorrow.  Yes, 100 miles.  That is a long way.  A really long way.  He is excited!  I say, get to peddaling Mister.
2.  Fred is keeping the boys and I'm getting away for the weekend with these girls (plus one more).  This year has moved several of us to different places, making us farther apart.  You gotta love life long friends.  I don't have many childhood memories where at least one, if not all, of these girls is not involved.   Oh, the stories that will be recalled and told.  Good times.
3.  Clayton's Sunday School teacher is just precious.  We call her and her husband the our Paris grandparents.  She hosts a water party each year for incoming and outgoing students.  Clayton is an outgoing student.  Sniff.  When he got home from the party I told him it might be a good idea to write Mrs. Patsy a thank you note for all she did for them.  He said, "Mom!  It's the 21st century.  Can't I just call her or send her a text?!?"  He will be writing that note this afternoon.
4.  Being the middle child is tough.  Jack did not get to go to the above mentioned party.  He was heart broken.  By heart broken...I mean mad.  I thought we had settled him down, but then Clayton got in and let it slip that they got to eat pizza.  Jack responded through gritted teeth with, "What?!?  Pizza?!?  I had to chicken and rice AND rest while Clayton was eating pizza.  Not fair!"  He was not happy.  Oh well, that's how you develop character, right?  That's what I'm telling myself.  Sigh. 
5.  Andrew does not like the car wash.  Can you tell?!?   I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad this time, but I was wrong.  Can you see the tears?  Oh, dear.
 


No comments: