Thursday, October 18, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  When we got married Fred was not, how shall I put this...handy.  Wow, what a difference 12 years can make.  Just tonight he changed out a ceiling fan and another light fixture.  He changes the oil in our car and does most of the maintenance to our cars as well.  I am almost convinced there is nothing he cannot do. 
2.  I don't think it's a secret, but just in case you don't know, I am extremely cheap.  Our cable bill is constantly being down graded.  Well, this week I did it.  It took two days for me to make up my mind, but I upgraded to a new package.  Welcome back HGTV, TLC and ESPN.  I have missed you.  
3.  Clayton asked me this week if I would snuggle up with him and watch tv (before the cable upgrade!).  I tried to remain cool, but he may have heard a crack in my voice when I replied, "Yes, I'd love to!"  Some times I wonder how much longer I'll get asked these questions.  I don't think I really want to know. 
4.  Jack rarely complains.  For the last week he has mentioned that his foot is hurting.  Somehow he hurt it while he and a couple of friends were  tackling playing football together.  After several trips to Mrs. Cindy, the school nurse, I decided it was time to have it checked out.  Nothing was wrong with it...thank goodness.  I think I know the problem.  Jack just likes hanging with Mrs. Cindy.
5.  Andrew has a birthday coming up.  Aunt Janice asked him what he would like for his birthday.  His reply..."An awesome toy."  That is the only response we get from him.  Needless to say, several people are on the hunt for "an awesome toy." 

No comments: